28 Motivational Holiday Songs to Get You into the Spirit
Feature image: freepik.com
No, I’m not talking about the sleigh rides, jingle bells or the snow white Christmas kind (nothing wrong with them though). I’m referring to the uplifting lyrics and the feet tapping kind of motivational holiday songs which turn your mood from sour to soar. No matter how tough it’s going on, or how low you’re feeling, there is no reason why you should stay stuck in your bed, depressed, and have a miserable time. Come on, after all its Christmas time and very soon a bright New Year.
I’ve always felt Christmas is a special time not because there are winter holidays but because it signifies the end of an eventful year; it’s the time to lament and plan for the days to come. It’s like life is giving you another chance to get on your gear, envision a better you, and equip yourself with a plan to achieve more successes and meet more challenges head on. Even if you don’t believe in New Year resolutions, you still wage on.
Why Motivational Holiday Songs
While I’m thinking over my past mistakes, wins and making my New Year resolutions, I’ve always found listening to motivational holiday songs tend to uplift my mood, boost my morale and direct me towards positive thoughts. As Albert Einstein aptly puts it:
“If I were not a physicist, I would probably be a musician. I often think in music. I live my daydreams in music. I see my life in terms of music.” — Albert Einstein
So here I am, sharing my motivational holiday song list with you, and hope you get into the grove too. Dream away, be stronger, create new beginnings, connect with more people and live your life to the fullest.
1. Sara Bareilles – Brave
2. The Script – Hall of Fame ft. will.i.am
3. American Authors – Best Day of My Life
4. One Direction – Night Changes
5. Imagine Dragons – Radioactive
6. Eminem – Not Afraid
7. Katy Perry – Roar
8. David Guetta – Titanium ft. Sia
9. OneRepublic – Counting Stars
10. Gym Class Heroes: Stereo Hearts ft. Adam Levine
11. Rachel Platten – Fight Song
12. Imagine Dragons – On Top Of The World
13. Phillip Phillips – Home
14. The Fray – Run for Your Life
15. Snow Patrol – Chasing Cars
16. U2 – Beautiful Day
17. Keane – Somewhere Only We Know
18. Mumford & Sons – Believe
19. Oasis – Stop Crying Your Heart Out
And of course with the holiday season, I can’t go without these timeless songs which get me into the Christmas and New Year spirit for sure every time. They remind me of the time when we were young, carefree, secured by our family ties, and all that matters was be merry with the ones we love. I hope they have the same effect on you as they do me.
Got a special song too? Send it over so I can add to this list!
20. Peggy Lee – I Like a Sleighride (Jingle Bells)
21. Chris Rea – Driving home for Christmas
22. I’m Dreaming Of A White Christmas – The Drifters
23. Michael Bublé – White Christmas
24. Band Aid- Do They Know It’s Christmas
25. Train – Shake up Christmas
26. Justin Bieber – Mistletoe
27. Ariana Grande – Santa Tell Me
28. Idina Menzel & Michael Bublé – Baby It’s Cold Outside